the moon lives in the lining of your skin
- pablo neruda

Thursday, February 18, 2010

dream dictation & divine inspiration

woke up early, still partly in dream land, after remembering a vivid dream.

in the dream:
i showed up to teach a workshop, but the people before me took so long that i didn't have time and everyone left except my mom and her friend. so i decided to improvise a performance instead of giving the workshop talk i had planned. i start stretching my leg in arabesque and speaking in a bad British accent, "I usta eat alotta peaches..." and went on to tell some of my own story.

i woke up at that moment and began writing as if someone was dictating to me. if i got stuck i would just stop and close my eyes and wait and then i would hear it and know what to write. it was amazing. i wrote 2 pages of material that i think finally links all the little pieces i've been trying to puzzle together.

maybe that's why i've been sleeping so much this week. i am in my luteal phase, so more receptive to divine inspiration ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment