the moon lives in the lining of your skin
- pablo neruda

Saturday, January 23, 2010

deep sigh

and the second one down as well!
i said a little prayer to the half moon before i got into the theater. thank you, moon.

this time i had a familiar audience - nuli, ben, natalie, our new friend gena -
really great to have their support. i was also nervous in a different way than last time. i had more time to practice and perfect things, and really was able to use the nervous energy in the piece. i moved around more during the monologue part and added fun things into the dance routine. i just watched the video of it on my camera (twice) and of course have a really critical eye. i want to work on my acting skills, really practice the impersonation of my dad so it gets better, be more in my body and more present, focus on the breath - which i seemed to forget to do. its a practice, like anything else. might be good to resume carol's class and just work on monologue stuff.
but all in all, as self-critical as i am, everyone seemed to enjoy it. i even had a stranger compliment me and ask if i wanted to work with him on a project. we'll see what that's about...

deep sighs of relief and pleasure. putting the inner critic away for now and let myself delight in the glory of just having had put myself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment